The Djao'Mor'Terra Collective (fayanora) wrote,
The Djao'Mor'Terra Collective

Brooke update

Sorry for posting twice on my LJ, I was getting messages indicating failure of the message to get through from both DW and LJ, and only just now got home to find both were working fine after all. Annoying damn thing.

Anyway, Brooke (kengr) is diabetic. Just got on the Oregon Health Plan, thank goodness. A cut she got a week or so back, in a part of her left leg with poor circulation and weak skin, had decided it wasn't going to heal. Turns out to be a slight infection, the ER doc gave her an IV and a prescription for antibiotics. There were a bunch of tests, too, apparently. I found this out later, because I was in the waiting room. At least, until I got hungry and had a burger at the hospital's cafe. Then I went back to the waiting room. It's a good thing there were maybe 4 people needing the ER, ourselves included, because even with nobody ahead of her in line, it took forever! We got there about 8:30 and were there until almost midnight.

Before all this, I had gone to Winco for groceries. Portlan'd signature winter rain had begun, the kind that starts in the morning and stays steady and persistent, without interruption, until evening. The kind of rain that there is never sufficient protection from; a poncho or umbrella may keep parts of you dry, but the parts that get wet quickly feel like they'll never be dry again, and the wetness spreads. By the time I got home, I had to hang both my jacket and my poncho up to dry because they were soaking wet. Like, I doubt the jacket is dry after all these hours hanging up.

I'd been relaxing on the computer, having gone nude to get out of my wet clothes, and was just chillin' (so to speak) when I got the call from Brooke that she needed me to come with her to the ER for "immoral support." :-) So I got into my pink tube dress, grabbed my purse and my cloak (since it was the only thing dry), and headed out the door. By then, it had mostly stopped raining. I must say, fleece may not be the most waterproof fabric ever, but it sure is warm. No idea the outside temp (not too bad), but a little chilly. And in my sleeveless tube dress and cloak, I was nice and toasty warm. And I must admit, walking in the dark along 60th to get home, I was very tempted to grab a wand-sized stick and start pointing it at passing cars, saying "Avada kedavra!" :-D

Anyway, for a while at the waiting room, I passed the time by doing some magick to help Brooke's leg heal. Imagined Shao-Kehn's Chaos Fire burning away the infection (as we only suspected it was, at the time; later it was confirmed) and healing the wound. I even imagined her leg's skin getting thicker and stronger, and the circulation improving. Must have done that for a whole hour, while chanting, before I got too tired to continue. Not long after that was when I went looking for food. After all, all I'd had for breakfast was a salami sandwich and a couple slices of pizza around 12PM to 1 PM, thereabouts. I may have made a joke to Brooke at one point about looking where they kept the bin full of amputated limbs if the hunger got much worse. :-D

Anyway, that's all.

Crossposted from
Tags: my day, random
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded