February 15th, 2020


Writer question

Hey, if someone is sitting at a table on one of the long sides, and someone else is sitting at the shorter side just to their like, left... is there a quick and easy way to say that in writing? I thought kitty-corner or catty-corner was it, but looking it up, it seems that refers instead to like, across the street at the opposite corner. And "to her left" isn't enough.

This was cross-posted from https://fayanora.dreamwidth.org/1507721.html
You can comment either here or there.