I'm watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, the episode where Worf got paralyzed and they regrew his spinal cord. I found it amusing that he had ridges on his spine as well as on his head. Then I was even more amused, later, to see he has ridges on his feet! They probably go all up his legs. I wonder if he has ridges on his penis? :-D
I read online today, while doing research for one of my novels, that 6000 steps a day significantly reduces risk of death, and 8000-10,000 a day promotes weight loss. And that "Sedentary people in the USA generally move only 2000-3000 steps a day." 2000 steps is about a mile. So one would have to walk the equivalent of 4 miles a day to promote weight loss.
( Collapse )
- 22:57 @househesson There's a mental image I didn't need. *Goes off in search of brain bleach* #
- 00:42 Another Rapture thought: the Rapture happens, & the fundies (regardless of their religion) are the ones who get left behind. :-D #
- 05:14 Funny video, NSFW: Like that music in a foreign language? It might be saying something interesting. :-) is.gd/2L7Bb #
- 05:16 That reminds me, my dad is a little old fashioned about homosexuality (just a little). He really loves a Rammstein song, (1/2) #
- 05:16 (cont) "Mann Gegen Mann," which is in German. I thought nothing of it until I found out it's about gay sex. :-D #
- 06:23 "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." (Mark 10:25, NIV) #hcr #
- 07:35 Political picture I made, "WWJDAHCR? (What Would Jesus Do About Health Care Reform?) is.gd/2LjyX #hcr #
I was sharing that "What would Jesus do about health care" pic of mine on an LJ community, and someone was arguing against my position with that "render unto Caesar's" quote, also saying "Christ believed in charity. Taxes are not charity." But the funny part is, someone whose username was "anfalicious" responded to that with "Jesus also said you should give up your worldly possessions and lead an ascetic lifestyle, so really, taxes are just a way of helping you get into heaven."