Because a few people on my friendslist want their friendslist to do this, I shall comply.
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use—or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special."
I'm going to try and keep a mix of "things that are free/cost little" and "stuff you can buy me" and "unrealistic expectations for fun", but I can't promise how even it'll be.
Okay, so here we go, in no particular order...
1. Screencaps and/or icons of a kid's TV show on the Disney channel called "Charlie and Lola." I have the hardest time finding those. Especially pictures of Lola, who bears a resemblance to Molly. Pictures of Lotta are also much wanted.
2. "Charlie and Lola" on DVD.
3. Goth stuff, namely arm warmers, skirts, stockings, little Goth trinkets, and these things called armor rings. (Preferably the kind with "claws.")
4. A Satanic/Luciferian pentacle necklace.
5. Gift certificate to a plus-sized women's store.
6. You know the Mary Jane shoes so commonly seen worn by little girls to church? A pair that look like those, in adult woman's size 10, preferably 10 wide.
7. Pictures involving sex/romance with aliens (porn and not-porn alike, from Star Trek pics to tentacle porn).
8. Free groceries!
9. Digital hugs!
10. Goth music MP3s (Witt, Cruxshadows, Ego Likeness, The Dreamside, etc.)
11. Butt plug, strap-on dildo (for Lilla to use on me), and some rope.
All I can think of for now.
I may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org